.

.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mourning Part 2

I like to soak in the tub, sometimes for hours. I take a book or my Kindle and read and relax. It's my little get-away. Since we've been living in the RV (1 month now!) and the tub being so tiny (I can sit in it cross legged with my knees up around my ears-not really relaxing), baths have been few and quite time to myself has been precious and scarce.

We are, however, able to use the bathroom on campus here. Last night I brought my Kindle and read for a while. I was so into my book, that when I looked up, I didn't know where I was. For a split second, my brain flashed through all the tubs I had soaked in, trying to place this one. There have been a few ;)

I realized that in this tub, I lacked that homey, cozy, safe feeling I've had in other tubs that felt more like "home". I had me a good cry.

Psalm 61:1-3


 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.



Our tub at Jungle Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment